To enable people who are refugees or seeking asylum to be included and respected as equals in society.
Our mission is to:
– Provide a safe, welcoming and empowering environment for people whilst they endure the asylum process
– Build skills, resilience, confidence self-esteem and purpose
– Open up opportunities to learn and contribute
– Provide information and signpost to other resources
– Share our information more widely in order to develop better awareness of the experience of living through the asylum process in the North East of England
– Build relationships that enable collaborative working
Our values are to:
– Regard each person as unique
– Respect everyone regardless of background, age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, religion and race
– Place participants’ voices at the heart of all planning and delivery
– Be informed, constructive and robust in our work
– Take care of the environment
If you share our values, and would like to support The Comfrey Project, find out how you can get involved here.