Our vision is:
To create a society where refugees and people seeking asylum are included and respected as equals.
Our mission is to:
- Use our gardens as a basis for creative activities which improve physical & mental wellbeing;
- Provide a safe, welcoming and empowering environment;
- Empower people to fulfil their true potential and contribute to society;
- Build skills, resilience, confidence, self-esteem and purpose;
- Provide learning opportunities, information and signposting to other resources;
- Highlight the experience of living through the asylum process in the north of England;
- Build relationships, partnerships and networks that enable collaborative working.
Our values are to:
- Regard each person as unique and treat them with dignity;
- Respect everyone regardless of background, and also age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, religion and race;
- Place participants at the heart of all planning and delivery;
- Be informed, constructive and robust in our work;
- Protect, care for and enhance the environment.
If you share our values, and would like to support The Comfrey Project, find out how you can get involved here.