There is currently an opportunity available to join our Board of Directors.
Trustees oversee the running of The Comfrey Project and have ultimate responsibility for making sure the charity is well run, is doing what it was set up to do and is solvent.
We currently have seven trustees and are seeking to expand our board by two more. We are looking for people with experience in one or more of these areas: financial management, business management, strategic planning, work in the charity sector.
We are keen for our board to reflect the communities we primarily represent, so we would be particularly interested in hearing from people who have lived experience of asylum.
The core work/attributes of a Comfrey Project Trustee are:
- – to attend 10 monthly Trustee Meetings
- – to offer input to subcommittees, working groups, and other tasks as they arise
- – to respond to discussions via email or other methods within an appropriate time frame
- – to visit the organisation and engage with the group members at a minimum of twice a year
- – to demonstrate interest in refugee/ asylum issues and to be prepared to keep up to date with these
- – to show a commitment to Equal Opportunities/ inclusion
- – to be committed to our values
Please find here the ROLE DESCRIPTION & PERSON SPECIFICATION.
If you have any questions or consider to apply please do not hesitate to contact us by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Comfrey Project Vision, Mission and Values
Our Vision is to enable people who are refugees or seeking asylum to be included and respected as equals in society.
Our Mission is to:
- Provide a safe, welcoming and empowering environment whilst they endure the asylum process
- Build skills, resilience, confidence self- esteem and purpose
- Open up opportunities to learn and contribute
- Provide information and signpost to other resources
- Share our information more widely in order to develop better awareness of the experience of living through the asylum process in the North East of England
- Build relationships that enable collaborative working
Our Values are to:
- Regard each person as unique
- Respect everyone regardless of background, and also age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, religion and race
- Place participants’ voice at the heart of all planning and delivery
- Be informed, constructive and robust in our work
- Take care of the environment