We are always looking for new Members to join us at the Comfrey Project.
Our Membership provides an important balance to our Board of Trustees, as the Members help to ensure that we are keeping to our Vision, Mission and Values and doing what we say we will.
As a member you would have a vote on important decisions made by the organisation at our Annual General Meeting (AGM), such as appointing new Trustees or making changes to our Constitution. You would also have opportunities to contribute to our Strategic Plan and other operations throughout the year.
One of our current Members says that “being a Member of The Comfrey Project is a great opportunity that allows me to play an active role in promoting the interests of refugees within my own community and to support an organisation I deeply care for through suggestions and feedback!”
If you are interested in becoming a Member of the Comfrey Project, you can find the application form HERE. Please complete and return this to email@example.com or by post to: The Comfrey Project, Windmill Hills Centre, Chester Place, Gateshead, NE8 1QB.
Membership of the Comfrey Project lasts for a period of one year; this will take effect as soon as we confirm your Membership application has been accepted. After one year if you wish to continue being a member you would need to reapply.
We would be delighted to welcome you!
if you have any questions about becoming a member, please feel free to get in touch!
The Comfrey Project Vision, Mission and Values
Our Vision is to enable people who are refugees or seeking asylum to be included and respected as equals in society.
Our Mission is to:
- Provide a safe, welcoming and empowering environment whilst they endure the asylum process
- Build skills, resilience, confidence self- esteem and purpose
- Open up opportunities to learn and contribute
- Provide information and signpost to other resources
- Share our information more widely in order to develop better awareness of the experience of living through the asylum process in the North East of England
- Build relationships that enable collaborative working
Our Values are to:
- Regard each person as unique
- Respect everyone regardless of background, and also age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, religion and race
- Place participants’ voice at the heart of all planning and delivery
- Be informed, constructive and robust in our work
- Take care of the environment