This time last year I was writing to all our supporters to tell you that we had hit a funding crisis and the sad news that we were having to make all four of our staff redundant.
How things can change in the space of one year…..and this is thanks to you all.
We were overwhelmed with the generosity both in terms of donations of money and time, and good wishes from all of our supporters. Not only did this help us to get through the winter until grant funding started to come in, it gave our participants a huge boost, just to know how many people care and how much they care.
So today (#youmadeithappen day) , we wanted to say a great big THANK YOU to all of you. Thanks to your donations and time that you have given us:
– we have kept sessions going for our participants without a break
– we have been able to pay everybody’s travel fares
– we have been able to provide a hot meal at every session
– we have grown out of the ashes and recruited more staff
– we have made stronger networks within the community to benefit both the community and our participants
– we have been able to host drop in advice sessions
– we have set up a language café for the Syrian resettlement programme
– we continue to offer our participants a “place to be”, a support network and as some refer to us “a family”
– we have set up and are running a forest school for some of our families
– our participants have continued to grow food and flowers both at Windmill Hills and at our Walkergate allotment. Not forgetting the bees too, of course.
– we have been able to collaborate with Freedom from Torture at our Moorside allotment
On behalf of all the trustees